Tuesday, December 18, 2007

12 Days of Football Christmas #6

On the sixth day of Christmas my true love sent to me...


6 Geezers Saying

A small selection of ill-thought out utterances from football commentators, pundits and players

"Playing with wingers is more effective against European sides like Brazil than English sides like Wales"
Ron Greenwood

"Bobby Gould thinks I'm trying to stab him in the back. In fact I'm right behind him"
Stuart Pearson

"I wouldn't be surprised if this game went all the way to the finish"
Ian St John

"A tremendous strike which hit the defender full on the arm - and it nearly came off"
Kevin Keegan

"He dribbles a lot and the opposition don't like it - you can see it all over their faces"
Ron Atkinson

"....and the news from Guadalajara where the temperature is 96 degrees, is that Falcao is warming up."
Brian Moore

1 comment:

Adam said...

Personal favorite:

"I couldn't settle in Italy - it was like living in a foreign country."

Ian Rush

We Love SPAOTP!

  © Blogger template Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP