Friday, October 19, 2007

Drogba in shock South American move?

Guest writer: James Ellis

Didier Drogba reportedly wants out of the Chelski revolution, seeking new horizons abroad. It’s no surprise, an inevitable consequence of Mourinho’s departure.

In line with the Ivory Coast hit man's diving antics on the pitch, his comments off it are equally over-dramatic: "I want to get back to playing with butterflies in my stomach for a club who make me dream" states Didier, adding "there aren't 50 clubs who could stimulate this sort of passion, just four: AC Milan, Inter, Barça and Real." Or in other words, a club that can match the astronomical wage he is currently drawing from the Bank of Abramovich.

However, I believe Mr Drogba would be much more at home playing in the Peruvian league. The team below are just as ambitious as Europe’s leading clubs and will certainly match his personality.



What's your reaction to the news that Didier Drogba could be leaving Chelsea? Has he been a loyal servant who's justified in wanting to leave, or is he just another money-chasing international superstar? Let us know your thoughts by leaving us a comment.

For now, we thank James for his article and if you'd like to write one for us like he did, drop us a line to the usual address - write4us[at]spaotp[dot]com.

6 comments:

Smart said...

Surely he is only proving the point that most players are at Chelsea for one reason only - the money.

As much as I detest his diving antics, I admire his honesty.

Good luck to the fellow, I say.

Adam said...

I don't know if I'd necessarily agree with that. If he was only interested in the dosh, he could easily negotiate a higher paying contract right now; I'm sure Roman would be desperate to keep his star players. I don't doubt for a minute that he felt some loyalty towards Jose.

That being said, I don't think for a minute he'd go somewhere that COULDN"T pay him his huge wage. So, unfortunately, no Drogba in a Red Bull New York Jersey for the near future.

Chris O said...

Aside from the financial shenanigans, I think he's shown enough loyalty to earn the right to leave. I suspect he's just lost the will to play, given all the stuff going on with Mourinho.

Anonymous said...

Let him go. No player is bigger than the club as wenger will tell you. He only played well for one season and that's because Shevchenko arrived and put pressure on him. Even if Shevchenko was crap!

All that said though he did show amazing loyalty to Jose in the end and finally paid for his price tag of £24 million. All the best to him.

I predict A.C Milan will get him.

Chris O said...

Hmmm... it's a possibility Peter. If I had to plump for one or the other, I'd choose Real Madrid. Barcelona have spent their money on Henry, so that rules them out. Milan's certainly possible. Would Inter go for him, do you think?

Anonymous said...

I suppose Inter could go in for him. How many forwards do they have right now? I reckon A.C Milan because they only have a few forwards and most of them are old!

Really it's just about not having any faith what so ever in Grant.

He won't go now anyway because he's already played in Champions League. A.C Milan or Inter because R. Madrid have enough forwards like Barcelona.

We Love SPAOTP!

  © Blogger template Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP