Monday, May 14, 2007

Shirts for 2007/08: Manchester City (home)

Time now to cast your eye over the third of our new shirts for the 2007/08 Premiership season, and today the club in question is Manchester City who give us this...



Le Coq Sportif take over as manufacturers from Reebok and the first thing to note is that the white sleeves have gone. I think that's a good thing, myself - in fact (and I know Footie Bird will want to strangle me for saying this) I rather like the look of it. I think.

Judging from some of the pictures I've seen, it can look stylish or cheap and nasty depending on which light you see it in. Anyway, I think I like it... what do you think? Leave us a comment or simply take part in our online vote below.

(Oh and a big thanks to Footie Bird for bringing the new shirt to our attention!) :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

VOTING HAS NOW CLOSED FOR THIS SHIRT
The final results were as follows:

Excellent: 53 (22%)
Good: 44 (19%)
OK: 39 (17%)
Poor: 27 (12%)
Terrible: 64 (28%)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 comments:

Chris (B Squad) said...

I like the larger, centered crest. I'm a little disappointed by the darker hue of blue, powder blue is just classic. But overall it's an improvement. Let's hope it's a new chapter for city.

Chris O said...

I like the larger badge too. It's the pinstripes that are bothering me. I don't mind a splash of retro here and there, but the pinstripes have a certain cheapness about them in the modern era.

So who would you like to see as the new manager, then?

Chris (B Squad) said...

I've always liked Jewell. But does he want to jump from the pan to flames? There's just not much to build on. And unless the purse strings are loosened a bit, it will be difficult for anyone to suceed.

Smart said...

Thats got to be designed by the same school kid who did the Aston Villa badge, right?

Shocking.

Chris O said...

I agree, Chris. The only person I can think of that could squeeze a bit of extra quality from a squad with limited funds is Harry Redknapp.

Anonymous said...

this new man city shit is excellent
i think its the best of the 4 shirts so far with ease
i just hope our football ialso improves!

$tubbzy

Chris O said...

I think he means 'shirt', folks... :)

What do you particularly like about it, $tubbzy?

We Love SPAOTP!

  © Blogger template Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP